Evaluation Question Two

 How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Across all of my ancillary tasks I have used the same colour scheme, taken from actual screenshots in our music video. The equilibrium of our narrative video is filmed on a beach location, and so I used this beach setting as the background on my magazine advertisement and the front cover of my digipak. The same typography in white is used as the album title on both my magazine advert and my digipak. Through research of existing didgipaks and magazine adverts I have found an array of common conventions across all of them which I then proceeded to include in my own work. This includes using the same typography throughout the texts against the same background. The image I used as the front cover of the digipak, I then used as the magazine advert background image. In terms of the magazine advert, I included a date of release, featured songs on the album, a list of available formats and a social media link, aswell as a smaller image of the digipak in the corner, with a shadow effect. These are all common conventions of magazine album advertisements, so it seems that my product is effective and realistic. When considering my digipak, I used a range of common conventions such as focus on the album spines, barcode and production company logo on the back panel, and using an image as the CD itself. My digipak challenges the common convnetion of continuity of image colouring however, as I used one image (a still from the video) in black and white, to plant enigma codes as the themes present in the actual video. My digipak is effective at enticing buyers in, and when placed next to its coninciding text of the magazine advert, they are clearly made for the same product. I deliberately used stills from the music video as images on both ancillary tasks to make the combination of the three tasks stronger and more apparent. This was effective because of the consistent colour scheme, use of images and typography.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alfie Arcuri - If They Only Knew Analysis

Note To The Examiner

Evaluation Question One